Bose SoundLink Micro Portable Bluteooth Speaker
Internet of Things (IoT)
Speaker System Details
Dimensions & Weight
Available protection plans
Battery life up to 6 hours
USB charging cable
- What are the audio connection options for the SoundLink Micro speaker?The audio connection option for the SoundLink Micro is through industry-standard Bluetooth A2DP.
- Does the SoundLink Micro speaker support Wi-Fi® or WiDi®?No. The speaker’s wireless connection is Bluetooth only.
- What is the wireless range of the SoundLink Micro speaker’s Bluetooth performance?The speaker has a wireless range up to 9 m (30 ft). Performance can be affected by obstacles such as walls, interference from Wi-Fi or other wireless devices.
- Can I wirelessly link multiple SoundLink Micro speakers together to achieve Party Mode and Stereo Mode?Yes, you can. This feature requires any two Bose Bluetooth speakers (may be a combination) from the following list: SoundLink Micro, SoundLink Color II, SoundLink Revolve and SoundLink Revolve+. The primary method to enable Party Mode—and Stereo Mode, too—is through the Bose Connect app. Follow instructions found in the app.
- The SoundLink Micro speaker is waterproof and IPX7-rated. What does that mean for how I can use it?For SoundLink Micro, we’ve stretched beyond the required testing parameters—in this case an IPX7-rated product—to ensure that your speaker will long outlast an accidental drop into water. The SoundLink Micro can be immersed in water up to 1 m (3.3 ft) deep, for up to 30 minutes. This means that you can use SoundLink Micro in more places and not worry if it gets wet.
- Will the SoundLink Micro speaker sink when submerged?Yes, the SoundLink Micro will sink; it does not float.
- How many devices can pair with the SoundLink Micro speaker at once?The SoundLink Micro keeps track of the last eight devices to have paired and connected with it, dropping the least recently used when a new one is paired.
- Does the SoundLink Micro speaker feature a speakerphone?Yes. The SoundLink Micro can be used for both out loud listening and hands-free communication.
- What happens when my phone is streaming music to the SoundLink Micro speaker and a call comes in?When a call comes in, the audio on the SoundLink Micro will pause and the call will ring through the speaker. If you wish to answer the call through the SoundLink Micro, simply press the multi-function button to answer the call. You can now talk into the speaker itself to conduct your phone call. Once you end your call, music playback will resume. Some details of this experience will vary depending on the implementation by the phone manufacturer.
- What is the battery performance of the SoundLink Micro speaker?With typical usage, the SoundLink Micro battery lasts up to 6 hours. Battery performance varies with the content played and volume at which it’s played.
- How long does it take to charge the SoundLink Micro speaker’s battery?While not playing music, much of the SoundLink Micro’s battery charge can be recovered in approximately 4 hours when using a USB power source of 1 amp of current. With a 1.5 amp power source, charging time may be closer to 3 hours. Charging from alternate USB power sources, or when playing music, may take longer.
- What purpose do the voice prompts on the SoundLink Micro speaker serve?The voice prompts serve two key purposes. First, they provide guidance during the Bluetooth pairing and connection process. Second, they identify the connected source devices by text to speech, simplifying usage with more than one source device.
- Is it possible to disable voice prompts on the SoundLink Micro speaker?Yes. Voice prompts can be disabled either in the Bose Connect app, or by simultaneously pressing the “+” (volume up) and “-” (volume down) buttons. We recommend leaving voice prompts enabled because of the additional functionality they provide.
- Can the SoundLink Micro speaker be used to provide audio for video, such as watching a film on a tablet?Yes. However, the quality of the experience—specifically, synchronisation between audio and video—may be compromised due to various signal processing technologies implemented in the speakers.
- Is the SoundLink Micro speaker compatible with the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot?Yes. Any Bose Bluetooth speaker works with the Amazon Echo and Echo Dot for hands-free voice control to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather and more—instantly.
|It doesn't really matter what you're doing - hiking, biking, cooking dinner or hanging out. You need music. They designed a speaker that keeps pace with all of your adventures and delivers unmatched sound for its size. The SoundLink Micro speaker is small, but powerful. Super rugged and waterproof. It features a tear-resistant silicone strap - so you can take it along wherever you go. Because, when a speaker this small sounds this good, you'll never want to leave it behind.|